Thursday, May 18, 2017

May 1st

Preliminary Approval


I just received the call today that we had been approved for the house and once our deposits have been submitted we will continue the process. The next step will be the Pre-Construction meeting after the last deposit, but since we are asking for a late November closing, we are not looking to start to break ground and begin construction until late July/early August.  I have to say that I was a little nervous during this time of waiting as we had not heard anything from NVR about our loan, but really during this time it sounds like it is probably best to not hear anything.  Now we just have a long time waiting, Ugh every day we get closer I get more and more excited for us to move. We have both really embraced the area and even the drive, and have started to make our way out there on multiple occasions (for those of you that are not in Virginia, this area has Festivals every weekend for any occasion, it is actually pretty awesome).

Now we play the waiting game! That and watch the development of this community, today I looked at the site and in 2 months time they have already sold 34 homes. Amazing!

4 comments:

  1. Hey James and Gabriela, congratualtions on your new home! Also, We are going to be your neighbors! Have you guys started the build process yet? I would love to hear how everything is going so far, the neighborhood is coming right along. We signed our contract about a month after you and have to wait until December to break ground, ya'll are lucky you got in when you did. Good luck with everything, hope you are close to moving in =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we have, It is our first house so we are extremely excited to watch the process. The neighborhood is really progressing very well, It appears multiple houses have already been completed approximately 12 more were under construction, it's really taking shape. We have been told that we should be finished around the middle of November. I know they have sold a ton of homes in the short period of time and that some of the completion dates are nearing August of next year which was astounding to me the number of homes scheduled to be built so quickly.

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure why my first comment was published as "unknown", but hopefully this one wont be. I drive through the neighborhood about once per week and we seem to be at 23 lots cleared. I read that 60+ have been sold. I can't imagine having to wait a year to close...10 months is killing me (and my husband bc he listens to me complain, lol) I can't wait to read more about the progress on ya'lls house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha we try to keep it to about 1x/week as well but it is difficult when you see the process progressing so quickly, perhaps we will run into each other soon. We live in the west end of Richmond currently so it can be quite a haul at times.

    I am astonished by how many lots have been started and how many more have been sold. They have done so well with the building process that I find myself wondering if they will open up other sections of the neighborhood for development.

    ReplyDelete

October 25th

New Home Orientation Today was the new home orientation in which we reviewed everything from lawn care, warranties, operation of housin...

Followers