Wednesday, May 17, 2017

April 2nd, 2017

Model Visit (Arbors at New Kent)


Today was the day of the model visit, so we made our way out to New Kent. I wasn't too familiar with the area and quickly did realize upon a google search that this would be quite a further commute than the 14 minutes I typically spend to get in to work. Driving out to New Kent, I was happy to see that all the driving was interstate driving so the drive only ended up being about 22 minutes which is still a good distance but I was not ready for my reaction to the area.  The area surrounding the new community is so open and surrounded by a Vineyard, Golf Course, and A LOT of open land. It does seem that there has been a lot of construction in the area in a community across the way that is a retirement community, but the area is extremely rural. Have I become so accustomed the the amenities of the city? It is an absolutely beautiful area but I am interested if there will be further construction in the area. I don't think I am in love with the idea of driving 15 minutes just to get to a grocery store but I do have to say it is so peaceful and beautiful.

Upon arriving in the community, this neighborhood seems to have about 70 lots purchased by Ryan Homes and approximately 10-15 homes in the area that have been there for the past few years but overall will be a big project.  I have to say one of the reasons that I like this community is that I do think that this may offer an opportunity for us as young adults who have never owned a home to possibly build a little equity while living in such a serene area. Now this area could just as well see no improvement, but with the prospects of having a vineyard and golf course within walking distance this seemed like an area that had great potential to grow while at the same time keeping its charm of a rural neighborhood.

The model was a Brentwood, that appeared to have all the bells and whistles (No surprise there). Upon walking in and going through the model, I absolutely loved it, but my wife and I wanted to have a little separation from our living space and our bedrooms and were looking for a two story home. Obviously the way they stage the houses are absolutely beautiful and done in the most efficient way possible, but upon going over some floor plans prior to our visit we thought the Sienna may offer the most effective space for us and at the same time was the cheapest option available.  Well, I guess why not sit down and talk about the process and at least entertain the idea of looking into a new house.  Well Here We Go!



**Granite and cabinets are same design we selected for our house 






















No comments:

Post a Comment

October 25th

New Home Orientation Today was the new home orientation in which we reviewed everything from lawn care, warranties, operation of housin...

Followers